Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon printer is showing Waste Ink Absorber is almost full .

Customer Question
My canon printer is showing...
My canon printer is showing "Waste Ink Absorber is almost full". What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Please let me know exact model no. of the printer?

Canon PIXMA

MP170/MP150

MP-0468-VI.00

Sorry for the late reply I am facing some technical difficulties on my side anyway you can replace the waste ink absorber from any local shop which will be a permanent solution although you can try reset process to resolve the issue temporarily.

1. Turn off the printer ( "Power" button).
2. Hold the button "Resume" (red circle in the triangle), add a printer (click "Power") - an indicator light green.
3. Hold the "Power" button, release the button "Resume".
4. Not releasing the "Power" button, double click "Resume" and release both buttons.
5. Four times click "Resume"
6. Once you click "Power", to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer "Power" button to click again.
Were is the waste ink absorber located so I can remove it and replace it?
You can not remove it as it is placed below the cartridges home position that is the right side of the printer to do that you have to dismantle the printer which is not at all recommended.

I am no further ahead with my printer.

Sorry I can not understand you....
The botXXXXX XXXXXne is my printer is done?