Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Unable to start up printer. Even tried solutions offered by…

Customer Question
Unable to start up printer...
Unable to start up printer. Even tried solutions offered by HP .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Do you get any error/message when trying to print?

Regards
NO ! Nothing. Not a single note or noise. Just blank. The start light doesn't respond.
I see; now, please go to Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Is your printer listed?

Regards
Sorry...but I have tried that before and again now. There is no Devices and Printers listed.That is why I am coming to you for H E L P !!
Is there a Hardware and Sound listing present in the Control Panel?

Regards

At last we may have something going....yes there is a Hardware and Sound listed.

Okay ..please click on that option; is there a Printers listing present?

Regards
Yes. My printer is listed. I checked it out and it said ...The job failed to print due to an error in the printing system.
I see; now, what's the make and model of your computer?

Regards

Mr Rath, I lost you. Can we pick up on the last meeting we had. It was about

Mr Rath, Sorry I lost you. We were on the System and Sound issue, I believe.

I see; now, what's the make and model of your printer?

Regards

HP.......and its HP Deskjet F4480

Okay ..now, please download the HP Print Diagnostic Utility using the following link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-82717-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3742086&sw_lang=&os=2093

Download and save the utility to the desired location in your computer.

To run the utility, navigate to the location where you saved the utility on your computer and double click the filename HPPDU.EXE

To download the utility to a location on your computer:
1. Click the Download only button.
2. Click the Save button to save the utility to the desired location in your computer.

Let me know if it reports any issues.

Regards
Sorry...No response
Could you run the utility itself?

Regards
NO way. Tried to work on it this morning. And I have said...there was no respose. You read what was said when we got on Control Panel. There was an error on the printer and it just lays dead.
In that case, this appears to be a hardware issue with your printer. I'll have this question transferred to the Printer experts, so that they can try and provide further light on the issue.

Regards

I sure hope so. I need it badly today. Have to send my doctor some medical information. I guess it'll have to go snail mail now.

anyway thank you for your effort.

Technician: birtz, Technician replied 8 years ago
birtz
birtz, Technician
Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. Some how if its not come then Unplug the printer & Manually slide the carriage.
Now Remove the ink cartridges from the print head & Use wet warm cotton swab or use alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab. After finished it make the head dry then fix it back. Now Try to print something now

If that does not work then follow the next step.

Remove the printer data cable & restart the PC & printer. Then fit back the data cable & turn on the printer. Hope thats start working , if no luck then un install the printer driver & restart the PC & Printer both again. NOw install the driver of the printer and connect it with PC ,Turn on printer & go for a test print from the printer preference. Thanks & waiting for your reply.

After all of these if not getting success then its a problem of the printer hardware. PCB ( Printer Circuit Board ) may damaged or disconnected by the power supply cable. Please call your printer Technician for hardware repair.

Sorry about the long wait. Had to go to the store for cotton swabs and then we had dinner. I tried all your suggestions but, again like all the othe attempts the printer does not come on. I will call the printer techician for hardware repair. Thank you for your effort.

If you find my answer is satisfied you then accept before leave from here. Or If you have any more query then ask m again i will reply you.
Sorry...but there is ABSOLUTELY no response from the printer or computer. I'm taking the printer back to the store and have them look at it. If, again, no response I will buy a new one. That the only solution left. Sorry about all this and thank you all for your effort.