Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i have the canon mf8180c. i have several parts appearing in…

Customer Question
i have the canon mf8180c...
i have the canon mf8180c. i have several parts appearing in Spanish. How do i change it to English when scanning, printing etc?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Do you see the spanish language on the printer screen or on your computer ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
it is on my computer only. When i want to change the settings on scanned articles everything is in Spanish

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
vista
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

4- Download the newest driver here:
http://wikisend.com/download/612986

And click the "Download file" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

do i save nor run the link. and if i save, where?

Just run it. Select OPEN when prompted after you click "Download file"

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

Hello and good morning Smile

Have you tried the solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Hello and good afternoon Smile

Have you tried the solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
sorry. no answer to the question. going to try and get it serviced locally
Ok, thank you for letting me know