Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC210C and am getting the following error message.

Customer Question
I have disconnected and reconnected...
I have a MFC210C and am getting the following error message. I have disconnected and reconnected the unit but still get the same message which is: Unable to change. See trouble shooting and routine maintenance chapter in user guide. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Can you give more detail? Is there a error number?
There is no error number and the message I sent you just keeps streaming accross the viewer on the machine. It appears that it may have happened when a fax was sent to me because only one page of the three page fax printed.
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

1. Press menu
2. press start mono
3. press up arrow 4 times
This should display the error message.
What is the error?

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

I pressed menu, pressed Black Start, and up arrow 4 times and it says: Photo Capture. Now it has gond back to the same message scrolling.
Open the scanner cover and remove any
foreign obstacles from inside the MFC. If the
error message continues, please follow the
steps below before disconnecting the MFC so
you will not lose any important messages.
Then, disconnect the MFC from the power
source for several minutes (which will erase all
faxes), and then reconnect it.
Check whether the MFC has faxes in
memory
1.Press Menu/Set, 9, 0, 1.
2. If the MFC has no faxes, disconnect the MFC
from the power source for several minutes
and then reconnect it.
—OR—
If faxes are present, you can transfer them to
another fax machine. Go to step 3.
—OR—
For MFC-410CN, you can forward the
remaining faxes to your PC. Please see
Transfer faxes to your PC.
Transfer faxes to another fax machine
If you have not set up your Station ID, you
cannot enter fax transfer mode.
3.Enter the fax number to which faxes will be
forwarded.
4.Press Mono Start.
5.After the faxes are transferred, disconnect
the MFC from the power source for several
minutes and then reconnect it.
You can transfer the Fax Journal report to
another fax machine by pressing Menu/Set, 9,
0, 2 in step 1.
Transfer faxes to your PC (MFC-410CN only)
You can move the faxes from your MFC’s
memory to your PC.
1.Press Menu/Set, 2, 5, 1.
2.Using ? or ?, select PC Fax Receive, and
then press Menu/Set.
The LCD will ask if you want to transfer a fax
to your PC.
3.To transfer all faxes to your PC, press 1.
—OR—
To keep all faxes in the MFC’s memory,
press 2.
4.After the faxes are transferred, disconnect
minutes and then reconnect it
I managed to fix it myself. It was just a jammed sheet of paper. Please cancel this session and credit my credit card.
If you had advised me to do what fixed it, I would be happy to pay you, but you did not suggest what fixed it, and had I followed your directions it still would not have fixed it.
"Open the scanner cover and remove any foreign obstacles from inside the MFC." I would say a paper jam would qualify as a foreign obstacle.
Sorry, I can't accept that answer. It deals only with the scanner cover.
That is up to you.
Have a great day.