Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a Brother Laser Fax 2820 that we purchased last Dec.

Customer Question
We keep getting messages to...
We have a Brother Laser Fax 2820 that we purchased last Dec. We keep getting messages to take out drum and slide the blue tab and also are getting paper jams. We just bought a new toner and that didnt help. In fact we now get a message "toner life end", and we should replace it with a new one.

We can fax out, but can't receive any confirmations or new faxes.

Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: Colin Vincent, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Hi there

Can you try this to reset the drum warning

open the front cover and press the options button.

You should get "Replace drum" 1- yes 2- no

Press 1 and wait till the lcd screen shows "accepted"

Then close the front door and retry printing

Let me know how it goes.

Tried that didnt work. Get message "toner life end"

The reset procedure tells the printer that a new cartridge is installed.

If it still thinks it is empty then either the cartridge toner is not distributed correctly. (the cartridge is meant to be lightly shaken side to side before fitting) or it is not seated properly meaning the sensor cannot peer into the cartridge to detect the level.

I would take the cartridge out and take it outside (In case toner falls out) and give it a gentle side to side shake. .

Then refit it making sure it has fully seated and try again.

If the problem still continues after that then either the printer has a sensor fault or there is an issue with the cartridge.

Still not working. We had tried that before.

I have no further suggestions so will opt for other experts to answer

Do I need to do anything further to get those experts" help?

No the question is open to all of the experts online.

If they have an answer they will respond to you.