Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hi! My name is Jennifer Adams and I asked about the PIXMA…

Customer Question
Hi! My name...
Hi! My name isXXXXX and I asked about the PIXMA iP2600. I have a whopping FOUR dollars in my checking account, because I never got around to making a deposit today. is there ANY way i can ask again tomorrow after I put some money in my account? You seem pretty sharp. I was in Maryland/DC in March. It was a good trip.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Sure, just request me tomorrow and I will help. :)

Customer: Hey, thanks. i was stuck at a ball game and had my daughter transfer some money into my account. So i will wait until you are back at work. I put my card information into the system so everything there should be okay. i can't believe how much I have come to rely on this printer !!!
Robert Preston :

Ok what was your question again?

Robert Preston :

Just leave it here, I'll check back in a bit and answer. Thanks!

Customer: Hello, Mr. Preston! This is the woman who is having problems with the Canon Pixma printer. I've been up to my eyeballs in work (unpaid work !!!) but right now I can sit down for a minute and remind you of my problem.... Whatever do-hickey is responsible for pulling the paper in is not working properly and the paper starts to go in crooked....the paper goes to the right and gets crunched and then it's stuck... I hope you are working this evening or sometime soon. Thank you so much. My life is unmanageable right now (and I don't even drink!) and having the printer working again would help me get back into the flow, ya know?
Customer: I hope you're on vacation or doing something enjoyable...it probably gets old listening to computer-illiterate people whine about simple problems. Anyway, when you get a chance to tell me why the paper is going in asymmetrically, I would appreciate it, thanks.
Customer: Oops...the second paragraph I just wrote...it's June 19th...maybe I didn't push "reply" when I wrote the first part...arghh!
Robert Preston :

Hello.

Robert Preston :

Most likely this is a problem with the paper feed roller either being dirty or worn. This can cause the paper to be pulled in unevenly.

Use a dampened, lint free cloth to thoroughly clean the rollers and after that try printing again.

If the problem persists, then the roller causing the issue is worn and will have to be replaced.