Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Pixma MP 470. I received an error code 6000

Customer Question
I have a Pixma MP...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/9/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow ALL the steps below:

Issue: ERROR LCD: Error Code 6000

Solution: Remove paper jam MP470

Remove Jammed Paper

If paper is jammed, remove the paper jam then press <Black> or <Color> to clear the error.

Clearing credit card-sized or 4" x 6" paper jammed inside the printer:

1. Power off the machine.

2. Open the printer cover (scanning unit).

The above illustration shows a PIXMA MP470.

3. Remove the jammed paper with your hands.

Note:
    * Be careful not to dirty your hands.
    * Do not use a pair of tweezers or the like to remove the jammed paper. If it touches the inner parts, this may cause a machine failure.

4. Close the printer cover (scanning unit).

5. Power the printer on. (The printer feeds the paper, resulting in ejecting the jammed paper.)

6. Load paper properly in the portrait orientation to resume printing.

TOP

Clearing paper jams from the rear tray or paper output slot:

1. Power off the machine.

2. Pull out the paper gently.

3. If torn paper remains within the printer, open the scanning unit (printer cover) to remove it.

Caution: To prevent injury or damage to the unit avoid touching inner parts.

4. Power the printer on and confirm that the Alarm lamp is off.

Note: Any jammed paper that remains within the printer may be ejected automatically.

5. Load paper properly to resume printing.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
There is no paper jam. All paths are clear. The error code is on the display screen and the amber alert light on the front is bleaking

Mmm tha'ts bad :-(

Please reseat the print head following the steps below:

Reseat (remove / reinstall) the ink cartridges if an error appears.

Removing Ink Cartridges:

1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the scanning unit (printer cover). The ink cartridge holder moves to the replacement position.

*MP470 shown

2. Press down on the semi-circular tab (circled area on <1> in diagram) to release the cartridge and then remove it.

Note: Handle the ink cartridges carefully to avoid staining clothes and surrounding work area.

PG-40 and CL-41 cartridges shown in examples

3. Remove and replace each cartridge individually. Or, remove the second cartridge after the first has been removed.

Note: Do not touch the gold electrical contacts or the print head nozzles after removing the protective tape.

Installing ink cartridges:

Note: After confirming that the scanning unit support <1> is fixed into position, release your hands.

2. Insert the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder.- Black: the left slot- Color: the right slot*

*One black cartridge and one color cartridge must be installed in the machine in order for the printer to operate. It does not matter if the capacities (Standard or High) do not match.

3. Push up on the front of the cartridge until it locks into place. (A click sound will be heard when the cartridge is locked in place.)

4. Confirm that the ink cartridges are installed properly.

<1> The ink cartridge is not installed properly.

<2> The ink cartridge is installed properly.

5. Fold the scanning unit support and close the scanning unit (printer cover).

6. Wait until the preparatory operation is complete; it takes about one to two minutes.

If no luck your printer will need to be repaired or replaced. Do you still have warranty on this unit ?

Thank you

John Cappucci

The ink cartridge holder does not move to the replacement position after openning printer cover. The ink cartridge holder is to the far right and not accessable.

It seems something is blocking the print head.

Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Nothing fell out and the print heads are still to the right.and not accessable

Try to move the print heads manually, do not force too much.

Please keep me posted

Thank you

John Cappucci

Bought a new printer

Ok, thank you for letting me know.

Thank you

John Cappucci