Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hello H.P. support, We have a HP Officejet 7410 All in one…

Customer Question
Hello H.P. support, We have...
Hello H.P. support, We have a HP Officejet 7410 All in one unit which we are happy with. Recently we had computor issues and have had to reload the disc. but an error comes up saying it cannot read the INF file. We downloaded the latest version and still the same message? What could you suggest we try?? Thanks Sam.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/8/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

What version of Windows do you have?

Customer:

Hello Robert, We have Windows XP.

Robert Preston :

Ok

Robert Preston :

Did you check to make sure the printer's software isn't still installed?

Robert Preston :

Sounds like it's interferring in some way

Robert Preston :

is the error:

Robert Preston :

"The required section was not found in the INF"

Customer:

No we had to reinstall as there was no icons etc. to get it started. And no it says it cannot read the INF file.

Customer:

It appears the H.P. version is 45.4.157.000 copyright (c) 2003 H.P. Company.

Customer:

We are able to use the document viewer and view pictures etc. but are unable to fax or scan any documents?

Robert Preston :

Ok go into the STart Menu, then Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs

Robert Preston :

Look for any HP software in there

Robert Preston :

remove everything you find related to the printer/scanner

Robert Preston :

then restart the computer and try reinstalling again

Customer:

Hello again, we have done as you suggested. Uninstall and reinstall and the scanner says no options are found and the same INF fault?? And no goes for the scanner.

Customer:

Robert I must apologize I must go to my next job and will not be available till Wednesday evening. Thanks Sam.

Robert Preston :

Are you getting the error when trying to install or when trying to open a program?

Robert Preston :

I'm not clear on that.

Customer:

Robert, we get the error while installing, but it continues and completes the install and does not work for the scan/fax.I will be away from this for some time, Sam.

Robert Preston :

Ok next time try:

Robert Preston :

Uninstalling completely again

Robert Preston :

Then go to the Start Menu then Run

Robert Preston :

Type msconfig and press Enter

Robert Preston :

Go to the Startup tab, click Disable All

Robert Preston :

Then Apply then OK

Robert Preston :

Restart the computer and try installing again

Robert Preston :

If that doesn't work, try disabling any firewalls/anti-virus software you have and install again