Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our Canon Pixma 130 is not displaying the magenta. All test…

Customer Question
Our Canon Pixma 130 is...
Our Canon Pixma 130 is not displaying the magenta. All test paterns reveal no magenta. HELP!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/8/2010
Technician: Namzyanzy, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Namzyanzy
Namzyanzy, Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

You need to perform these steps one by one:
  • Replace ink tank(s) MP130
  • Confirm that the recommended ink tanks are installed properly (MP130)
  • Perform print head cleaning (MP130)
  • Snap in ink tanks properly MP130
  • The Print Head may need replacing - MP130
Since you have already performed the first and third step, please perform the rest of the steps:

Confirm that the ink tanks are installed properly

When replacing the ink tanks, confirm that the new ink tanks are installed properly. (See the illustration below this paragraph for ink tanks recommended for this model.) If the ink tanks are not locked into place, paper may not be fed properly, or ink may not be supplied to the print head.

Ink Tanks:
- BCI-24 Color
- BCI-24 Black

1. Make sure the power is turned on.

2. Lift the Scan Unit until it locks into place (1). The Print Head Holder moves to the center.

3. Open the Paper Output Tray (2).

4. Open the Inner Cover.

5. Check if the ink tanks are installed properly.

Ink tanks installed correctly

Ink tanks installed incorrectly

6. When installing the ink tanks, push the top of the ink tank until a click sound is made.

Note: If the ink tanks are not installed properly, paper may not be fed properly, or ink may not be ejected.

7. Close the Inner Cover.

CAUTION: Press the center of the Inner Cover until the cover locks into place.

8. Return the Scan Unit to its original position. The LCD displays a message asking if you replaced an ink tank.

9. Press [+] to select [NO] and exit.
___________________

Refer to the following steps to verify the ink tanks are seated correctly:

CAUTION: Do not lift the Scan Unit while the machine is printing or performing another operation.

1. Make sure the power is turned on.

3. Open the Paper Output Tray (2).

4. Open the Inner Cover.

CAUTION:
    a. Do not try to manually move or stop the Print Head Holder.
    b. Do not touch any metal parts.

5. Hold the ink tank's tab and pull forward to release it.

6. Lift out the ink tank.

CAUTION:
    a. Do not remove the print head from the machine.

b. Remove one ink tank at a time.
    c. Do not touch the transparent film (A), film cable (B), ink absorber (sponge part) (C), or any metal parts.

IMPORTANT: Handle ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or the surrounding area.

7. Insert the ink tank into the empty slot on the print head.

8. Press firmly on the ink tank's tab until it locks into place.

IMPORTANT:
    a. Set a black ink tank in the right slot of the print head.

b. Set a color ink tank in the left slot of the print head.

9. If you need to confirm another ink tank, repeat steps 5 to 8.

10. Close the Inner Cover.

11. Return the Scan Unit to its original position. The LCD displays a message asking if you replaced an ink tank.

12. Press [+] to select [NO] and exit.

If the steps mentioned above does not resolve your issue, then you may need to replace the print head:

Replacing the print head

The print head may need replacing if, after all print head and ink tank troubleshooting has been performed:

• The nozzle test appears broken or to have horizontal white streaks.
  • One or more of the colors is missing from the Nozzle Test.
  • The colors are incorrect on the Nozzle Test.
  • A print head error is indicated on the unit.
  • The printer powers off when the print head is installed.

If your printer is still under warranty:

For toll-free technical support, please call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).

If your printer is no longer under warranty:

• For toll-free technical support, please call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. If it is determined that the problem you are experiencing is due to a failure of the printer's hardware, the pay for support charge will be canceled. If your out of warranty printer is determined to have a hardware problem, you have the option to purchase, at discounted pricing and free next business day shipping , a new or refurbished product from our current product line, which includes units with Canon?s new ChromaLife inks, PIXMA Technology, and a limited manufacturer?s warranty.

• You may purchase a print head* by calling 1-800-828-4040 between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. midnight, EST, Monday through Sunday. When calling, speak the term "order parts" when the speech routing system asks the reason for your call. You will immediately be routed to the Parts Desk for assistance. Be sure to have your model number (MP130) or part number (QY6-0054-000) ready for the sales person.

* Please be aware that a print head may not correct the issue and the part is not returnable.