Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Photosmart c5280-all-in-one is spinning and will not…

Customer Question
My HP Photosmart c5280-all-in-one is...
My HP Photosmart c5280-all-in-one is spinning and will not print. I don't think it's something caught but rather that something keeps rotating moving the cartrigues back and forth.
Many thanks for your help.
Henry Millan
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/8/2010
Technician: James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
Hi Henry,
What kind of noise is it making? Grinding, screesching...?
grinding
Henry,

That means the printer is trying to initialize, but is not able to. The cause can be a physical obstruction, such as a paper jam, or a defective sensor that is telling the printer something is stuck inside.

Please remove the paper and any removeable parts (e.g. paper tray), and shine a flashlight into the printer. See if you can locate the cause of the jam and remove it - you can usually use a small pair of twizzers for that. If that doesn't work, you can also try short blasts of compressed air (using a duster) directly into the printer's feed channel.
If all this fails to work, the printer will need to be serviced.

Hope this helps,

James.