Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The printhead is not supported by the All In One. Wh

Customer Question
"The printhead is not supported...
"The printhead is not supported by the All In One." What do I do to correct this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2010
Technician: Nick, Technician replied 7 years ago
Nick
Nick, Technician
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer My name is XXXXX XXXXX other Experts and I are working on your answer.

Most warranties cover things like the rollers the mechanics and circuit boards in the printer. The bad news is that most warranty companies consider printheads as consumables like ink and paper. I think this stretches back to the "Old Days" of dot matrix printers when the printhead did all the work in the fact it had to punch the ribbon against the paper to make an imprint (which of course these days they don't have to)

Sorry to be the barer or bad news
Your telling me that this new printer which I got in Jan. 2010 and that I have put about 30 pages thru needs a new printer head. I don't even know what the printer head is. Can you tell me what I should tell LexMark ? This is all new to me and I am frustrated!
The Printhead is the shown here in blue and is the mechanism which "squirts" the ink onto the paper in the right place to form letters and pictures.

Printhead

I would first take it back to where you got it from and quote the trades description act as in the fact the printer is not fit for the job you purchased it for having only printed (as you say) 30 pages since you have bought it. If no joy there and you have paid for it on Visa/Mastercard then you could try contacting your card issuer for a refund

I must inform you that as I am not legally qualified either in the USA of Australia I cannot the above information is only what I would do if I was in your position

Sorry to have to leave you but under the rules of the site I am going to have to pass you over to another expert Engineer1010 as your question is not strictly computer related

Edited by Nick on 5/31/2010 at 7:58 AM EST
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 7 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

I have moved this Question to Printer section.

- What is make and model of the printer.

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

It began a month ago. It has been setting ever since. Printer is a Lexmark S400 series. I don't use the printer too often. Just for letters and recipes as I am new at this. I'm a senior citizen and trying to keep my brain working.

Th e printhead is not supported by the All In One keeps going across the display.

I purchased this printer from HSN. The sticker on the printer says ot jas a 3-year warranty. Thinking back I believe there was a paper jam once.

From the symptoms you are getting, its quite evident that the print heads are worned out with usage or have clogged totally.

If you already tried cleaning the print head / cartridge then there are only two possiblities :
1. The print heads are worned out with usage.
2. The cartridge you bought is faulty (less probable)

If the printer is in warranty then you should get it repaired by Lexmark for free. If not, you will have to send it to Lexmark for print head replacement.

To be very honest, these print heads are made of poor quality so that you need to replace them and Lexmark can make money. Thats why they sell cartridges at cheaper cost. Cheapest option is to buy new printer.

Call them at : 1-800-332-4120
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 11 pm; Sat & Sun: 11 am - 8 pm
(if you are not in US please let me know)

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro

None of things "justanswer" said was correct. Nick said he was sorry to be the bearer of bad news etc. His thoughts didn't make sense to the fellow that fixed this printer for me. He laughed when I said I was suppose to pay for this info. Well anyway I am printing now and will authorize the $12.60 that came up last night that I agreed to. At first you said you would answer my problems for nothing, but I couldn't get pass the visa part so therefore the $12.60

Andy, Elec & Comp pro