Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Deskjet 3845 has stopped printing and shows paper jam .

Customer Question
My HP Deskjet 3845 has...
My HP Deskjet 3845 has stopped printing and shows "paper jam". There is no jam. I have opened the printer and tried to get it to work to no avail. Please help me with some corrective advice. There are documents that I must print and can't.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
5/10/2010
Technician: James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
The printer has internal sensors, mechanical/optical, for detecting jammed papers. Although it is possible for a sensor to fail and incorrectly report a jam, it is usually a smal piece of paper or other debris that got lodged inside the printer.
Please remove the paper and any removeable parts (e.g. paper tray), and shine a flashlight into the printer. See if you can locate the debris and remove it - you can usually use a small pair of twizzers for that. If that doesn't work, you can also try short blasts of compressed air (using a duster) directly into the printer's feed channel.
If all this fails to work, the printer will need to be serviced.

Hope this helps,

James.