Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Canon Pixma MP530 printer. I am getting the error

I have a Canon Pixma...
I have a Canon Pixma MP530 printer. I am getting the error code Check Cartridge U052. I have replaced the cartridges that were out of ink but the error code will not go away and I can't print anything. I have turned off the printer several time and there has been no change in the error.

Thank you!
3/30/2010
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

This Error signifies that the printer is not able to recognize a compatible cartridge.

This can happen because of two reasons :
1. Your cartridges are bad.
2. Your printer's cartridge sensor has gone bad.

Please remove all cartridges. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on cartridge as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Now insert cartridges and see if error goes away.

If not, then you will have to buy new genuine cartridge to confirm if its a printer issue or not.

Your best option is to buy genuine cartridge from a store where they take back open cartridges if they are defective. That way you can return them and save your money.

If error persists with new cartridge than it would be cheapest to buy a new printer if this one is more than 1 yr old and out of warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, I did just as you said and now not only is the Alarm light on but my In Use Memory light is flashing and the same error is on the screen. I checked the print queue and there is nothing there that is waiting to be printed. I did get Cannon cartridges to replace the ink. What shall we do next?

If problem persists, you will have to buy new Print Heads from Canon. Cartridge sensors are present in the print head

But it would be cheaper and better investment to buy a new printer.

Canon Customer Support Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET, excluding holidays
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON (toll free)
1-800-652-2666
TTD: 1-866-251-3752 (toll free)
Email: [email protected]

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Andy, Elec & Comp pro