Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How do I connect Deskjet 3520 printer to my computer which

Customer Question
has Windows7?...
How do I connect Deskjet 3520 printer to my computer which has Windows7?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 7 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
are you using 32 or 64bit windows 7?
Where do I find 32 or 64 bit?
click on start
then right click on computer and click properties
it will tell you there

It is 64 bit windows7.

It is 64 bit windows7.

It is 64bit windows7.

Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX how to install this printer in windows 7 here: Click here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Your answer did not work.

Your answer did not work. My computer is emachines laptop.

That is the only way to connect your printer to a windows 7 64bit computer there is no other way to do it. Instructions on how to install this printer in windows 7 here: Click here

Need more information. The printer is not working.

Follow these steps to configure Windows Update to automatically search for and install a product driver.
  1. On the taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ).
  2. In the Search Programs and Files box , type change device installation .
  3. Click Change device installation settings . The Device Installation Settings window opens.
  4. If it is not already selected, select Yes, do this automatically (recommended) , and then click Save Changes .
    NOTE: Windows 7 might prompt you to restart the computer.
Install the product driver
NOTE: The computer must be connected to the Internet for Windows Update to detect and install your product.
When your new computer or operating system is up and running, connect the USB cable from the computer to the back of the HP product, and then press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
Figure 1: Connect the USB cable to the HP product and the computer
Graphic: Connect the USB cable to the HP product and the computer
1 - Connect the USB cable to the back of the product
2 - Connect the USB cable to the computer
A Your devices are ready to use window might display on the screen. If the window displays and does not close automatically, click Close ( ), to close the window.
Windows 7 driver functionality
Note the following limited functionalities with an in-OS driver:
  • No access to HP Solution Center. You will not have access to HP Solution Center ( ). However, see the workarounds at the end of this document for ways to accomplish tasks as you did before.
  • Limited functionality in HP Toolbox. You can still access the HP Toolbox ( ) with the in-OS driver. However, the HP Toolbox functionality is limited. For example, you are unable to check estimated ink levels. See the workarounds at the end of this document for ways to accomplish some common HP Toolbox tasks.
  • Importing and viewing images on a memory card . If your product has a memory card slot, you can use the workaround at the end of this document to import and view images on a memory card.
  • Limited button functionality. If your HP product has buttons on the front panel, some of the buttons will not function as before. Following are examples of buttons that function and buttons that do not function with the in-OS driver:
    These buttons will still function*
    Power button ( )Menu button ( )
    Resume button ( )Cancel button ( )
    Print Photos button ( )
    This button will not function*
    Photosmart Essentials button ( )
    *These lists are not comprehensive.
Windows 7 driver workarounds
The driver in Windows 7 is sufficient for some HP Solution Center functions, some HP Tool Box tasks functions, printing from a software program, and importing and viewing images on a memory card.
NOTE: These workarounds only apply if you installed the product with the Windows 7 driver.
HP Solution Center
Use the following HP Solution Center workarounds when you install the product with the driver in Windows 7.
HP Solution Center
FunctionWorkaround
Limited access to the HP ToolboxFrom the program you are using to print:

1. Click File , and then click Print .
  2. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box:
    Depending on the software program, this button might be Properties , Options , Printer Setup , Printer , or Preferences .
  3. Click the Features tab, and then click Printer Services . The HP Toolbox opens.
Shop for supplies onlineGo to HP SureSupply . To identify your cartridge in a language other than English, click the language link near the globe icon ( ) in the upper right corner of your browser.
Printer SettingsFrom the program you are using to print:

1. Click File , and then click Print .
    The Properties window opens, where you can change print settings for various print tasks.
HP Toolbox
Use the following HP Toolbox workarounds when you install the product using the driver in Windows 7.
HP Toolbox
FunctionWorkaround
Printing a self-test pageFor products with buttons on the control panel (the front of the printer), you can print a self-test page using those buttons.
Cleaning the cartridges or printheadsNone
Checking estimated ink levels
  • Print a self-test page through the buttons on the control panel
  • View the ink level indicators on the control panel, if there are any
Aligning the cartridgesNone
Video of how to print from a software program
You can use this video (in English) to help you follow the steps to print from a software program.
Print
Use these steps to print from a software program.
  1. Open the document to be printed in the software application in which it was created.
  2. Click File , and then click Print .
Video of importing and viewing images on a memory card
You can use this video (in English) to help you follow the steps to import and view images on a memory card.
Import and view images on a memory card
If your product has a memory card slot, follow these steps to access images on a memory card.
  1. Insert the memory card into the appropriate memory card slot on the product.
    NOTE: If the memory card is already inserted, remove it, and then reinsert it.
  2. On the Autoplay window that opens, click Import Pictures , View Pictures , or Open folder to view files .
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Instructions came from here here: Click here

Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician