Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MP610 error message: Paper output slot - The paper…

Canon MP610 error message: ''Paper...
Canon MP610 error message: ''Paper output slot - The paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK.'' Opened and checked all slots and there is no paper. Cover is properly closed. Pressing ''OK'' just redisplays same message
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/7/2010
Andy, Elec & Comp pro

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call Canon.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

I can't remove ink cartridges, because with this message when I open the printer cover the print head holder doesn't move to the center

Please turn off the printer and then open the cover and try to move the printer carriage with your fingers, gently.

Let me know how it goes.

It was able to move it to the center with my fingers, gentky, of course!

Now turn on the printer and let me know if the carriage can now move on its own ?

No, it doesn't move on its own

The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical sensor to detect carriage jam and/or paper jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call Canon.

Where are these electric and mechanic sensors located?

Paper sensors are located on the paper feed path. Carriage sensors are located on the carriage and/or on the printers main board

Why is it complaining about the output slot? Why it doesn't move the printer carriage on its own?

Because the paper sensor has failed and so printer thinks there is a jam in the printer and so it has halted all its operations and so the carriage cannot move on its own.

OK, so what are you suggesting, to turn to a printer repair shop (it's not under warranty anymore)? And in this case what should I do regarding "ACCEPT", Feedback etc?

I'm new to JustAnswer.

If this printer is not in warranty, it would be cheaper to buy a new printer. So its your choice if you want to spend more money to get it repaired locally.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro