Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

brother mfc 240c. stop printing black. Cleaned several times.

brother mfc 240c. stop printing black. Cleaned several times. did the hold menu button and repower to get into maintenance mode to clean. still nothing. any suggestions?
This can happen if the cartridge is defective, the ink is dried in an old cartridge, or if the print head is failing and needs to be replaced. If it is a new cartridge return it and exchange it for a new one. If it is an old one it may be dried and need to be replaced. Unfortunately if neither of these helps the print head in the printer itself needs to be replaced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is a print head cost effective for a refurbished printer I paid $40 for? Is it something I could do myself?
If you bought the printer for $40 no it is not cost effective to replace the print head. The part can run at about $80. It would be chaper to replace it with another refurbished model.