Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I cant get my printer to align cartridges.

I can't get my printer...
I can't get my printer to align cartridges.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2009
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi !!

- What is make and model of printer. Do you use printer wirelessly ?

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy it and since when are you facing this issue.How often do you use printer.

Hewlett Packard OfficeJet 80 All In One printer,fax,scanner,copier. I only use printer & copier. I ran out of black ink this morning - installed new black cartridge #45 - when I tried to follow instructions on printer I never got past the align cartridge. It tells me it failed and to try again. I've done it several times. I've turned printer off & on. I've taken cartridges out. I think that maybe the color cartrdge is low on ink but, I don't need color only black. I can't think of anything else to do. The printer was given to me sometime last year. When I set the whole thing up I never had this problem.

DeAnna/Park City Floral

Hello !!

Please do this and let me know.

When you get the alignment message do this :

Press and hold the Enter button, and then press Menu .

Let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Well it kind of worked . It printed out half of the page but not the whole page. At least it trying to print which is better than before. The cartridge is new - why would it not work all of the way.
Hello !!

So does the rest half page remains blank ?

Yes - it looks like it is running out of ink. I tried printing another page while I was waiting for you and now it comes out blank - like it has no ink at all.

DeAnna

Hello !!

Please do this and let me know :

Follow these steps to perform an print cartridge cleaning procedure at the front panel:
  1. On the front panel, press the Menu or Setup button (depending on the model).
  2. Press the right arrow button (>) until Maintenance or Tools is displayed, and then press the OK or Enter button (depending on the model).
  3. The Clean Print Cartridges message should display on the front panel. Press Enter or OK to begin the cartridge cleaning process.
A page will be printed during the cleaning process with all of the colors on it. If any of the colors (including black) are missing, faded, or streaked on the alignment page, there is a ink cartridge problem.

Let me know

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Colors came up but, no black. Strange - does this mean I have go buy another black cartridge?
Hello !!

Where did you buy the black cartr. from ... is it original HP branded

Yes it is a original - I'm not sure if I bought it at Staples or if it came with the printer when I received it.
Hello !!

Is this new cartridge tool old. I mean didnt you buy it today ?

No - I always keep back up cartridges for I live in a rural area. The closest office supply store is 11 miles away.

DeAnna

Hi !!

Please remove all cartridges. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on cartridge as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Then plug in cartridges. And perform Alignment

Now see if its working fine. Let me know !!

Andy - no it only wants to print out half of the page. I need to print out invoices so, I guess I'll have to run to town and purchase another cartridge, thank you so much for your help it was greatly appreciated. Sounds like I've got a defeative cartridge. If you think that's not the case let me know.
Hello !!

No, I am not convinced that its cartridges fault, if half page prints fine.

It looks like printer's hardware issue. If nothing prints on page than it can be cartridge.

So, I would recommend you to take back your cartridge with you and get it replaced for free. Buying new one might just waste your money

Thanks Andy - I think I'll do that. You've been very helpful. I gave you a positive feedback.
You are most welcome :-)

Take care
Andy, Elec & Comp pro