Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Canon Pixma MP470 printer is not working. The error code

Customer Question
My Canon Pixma MP470 printer...
My Canon Pixma MP470 printer is not working. The error code is 6000. Thank you. XXXXX Charlottesville, Va.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2009
Technician: Carl Poersch, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch, Engineer
Hi Rosa,

that error indicates a paper jam. follow the procedure below to clear it. then do the second procedure to clear the error message if needed.

Thanks

Carl

Issue: ERROR LCD: Error Code 6000

Solution: Remove paper jam MP470

Remove Jammed Paper

If paper is jammed, remove the paper jam then press <Black> or <Color> to clear the error.

Clearing credit card-sized or 4" x 6" paper jammed inside the printer:

1. Power off the machine.

2. Open the printer cover (scanning unit).

The above illustration shows a PIXMA MP470.

3. Remove the jammed paper with your hands.

Note:
    * Be careful not to dirty your hands.
    * Do not use a pair of tweezers or the like to remove the jammed paper. If it touches the inner parts, this may cause a machine failure.

4. Close the printer cover (scanning unit).

5. Power the printer on. (The printer feeds the paper, resulting in ejecting the jammed paper.)

6. Load paper properly in the portrait orientation to resume printing.

TOP

Clearing paper jams from the rear tray or paper output slot:

1. Power off the machine.

2. Pull out the paper gently.

3. If torn paper remains within the printer, open the scanning unit (printer cover) to remove it.

Caution: To prevent injury or damage to the unit avoid touching inner parts.

4. Power the printer on and confirm that the Alarm lamp is off.

Note: Any jammed paper that remains within the printer may be ejected automatically.

5. Load paper properly to resume printing.

to clear error

Issue: ERROR LCD: Error Code 6000

Solution: Press ON/OFF switch to reset the multifunction device

Reset the device when it is not functioning properly.

If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it.

1. On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)

Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.

2. Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.

3. Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.

Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch, Engineer

The printer still does not work. The message is error - paper output slot the paper is jammed clear the paper and press okay. I looked into the printer and cannot find any paper - not even a fragment of paper. I have pressed okay - unplugged the computer and it still doesn't work.

Hi Oma,

there is always a slim chance that the printer is broken and falsely reporting a paper jam. it uses sensors to report the jams. But most times it is just intense examination and blowing out with air and shaking that resolves it. were you using 4x6 or smaller paper? this especially aggravates it...

I will put the process below for output jams specifically.

focus on the section Clearing paper jams from the rear tray or paper output slot:

Issue: ERROR LCD: Paper Output Slot. The paper is jammed.

Solution: Remove paper jam MP470

Remove Jammed Paper

1. Power off the machine.

Note:
    * Be careful not to dirty your hands.

TOP

1. Power off the machine.

2. Pull out the paper gently.

Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch, Engineer