Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Is there a way I can force my mfc-290c to deep clean its print

Customer Question
Is there a way I...
Is there a way I can force my mfc-290c to deep clean it's print head?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
9/17/2009
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hello !!

Please do this to clean print heads.

• Follow the steps listed below to check the print quality and clean the print head.

1. Press Menu.

2. Press the up or down arrow key to choose Ink. Press OK.

3. Press the up or down arrow key to choose Test Print. Press OK.

4. Press the up or down arrow key to choose Print Quality. Press OK.

5. Press Color(Colour) Start.
      The machine will print the Print Quality Check Sheet. .

6. Check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.

7. The LCD asks you if the print quality is OK.
      Do one of the following:

• If all lines are clear and visible, select Yes and go to Step 10.
      • If you can see missing short lines as shown below, select No.

8. The LCD asks you if the print quality is OK for black and the three colors. Select Yes or No.

9. The LCD asks you if you want to start cleaning. Select Yes. The machine starts cleaning the print head.

10. After cleaning is finished, press Color(Colour) Start. The machine will print the Print Quality Check Sheet again and then return to step 5.

11. Press Stop/Exit.

If you repeat this procedure at least five times and the print quality is still poor, replace the ink cartridge for the clogged color. After replacing the ink cartridge, check the print quality. If the problem still exists, repeat the cleaning and test print procedures at least five times for the new ink cartridge. If ink is still missing, then you need to get your printer repaired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped, please click ACCEPT so I get paid for my work.

I will continue to help even after you click Accept.

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Andy, Elec & Comp pro