Pre-Calculus

Have pre-calculus questions? Ask a pre-calculus tutor

2 and is regarding point slope form. Use the given to write…

Customer Question
This is for algebra...

This is for algebra 2 and is regarding point slope form

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Use the given to write an equation. Passing through (3,2) and perpendicular to the line whose equation is y=5x

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pre-Calculus
11/9/2017
Tutor: George Sibiya, Research Scientist replied 9 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Research Scientist

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services

I am ready with the answer you may advice if you still need it

Regards,

G

Tutor: akch2002, M.Tech. replied 9 months ago
akch2002
akch2002, M.Tech.

Equation of any line passing through point (3,2) is given by

y-2=m(x-3) where m is slope of the line.

slope of y = 5x is given by m = 5.

As line is perpendicular to this line, slope of the line = -1/5 = -0.2

as product of slopes of perpendicular line is -1.

Hence, point-slope equation :

y-2=(-1/5) (x-3) = -0.2(x-3)

Kindly let me know if there is any doubt.

Kindly rate the answer.