Pre-Calculus

Have pre-calculus questions? Ask a pre-calculus tutor

Find the volume of the solid obtained by revolving y=3-x and…

Find the volume of the...
Find the volume of the solid obtained by revolving y=3-x and y=2*x^0.5 about the x-axis.
Determine if the statements are true and explain why.
1. A pyramid is a solid of revolution.
2. The volume of a sphere can be computed using the disk method.
3. Let R1 be the region bounded by y=cosx and the x-axis on [-pi/2, pi/2]. Let R2 be the region bounded by y=sinx and the x-axis on [0, pi]. The volumes of the solids generated when R1 and R2 are revolved about the x-axis are equal.
10/12/2017
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with these. I'll get the solutions posted for you as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thank you

Hi again,

Here is a link to the solutions:

Volume

As always, please feel free to ask if you have any questions about these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
I forget to say that 0<=x<=1.
For some reason I cannot open the file. Could you send it on this side?
Hi. I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I'm away from my desk at the moment. Were you able to open it yet? If not, just let me know and I'll resend it as soon as I get back.

Here is a PDF version, just in case.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.