Pre-Calculus

Have pre-calculus questions? Ask a pre-calculus tutor

Q. One canned juice drink is 25% orange juice; another is…

Q. One canned juice drink...
Q. One canned juice drink is 25% orange juice; another is 10% orange juice. How many liters of each should be mixed together in order to get 15L that is 24% orange juice?How many liters of the 25% orange juice should be in the mixture? _______L
9/13/2017
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree

Hello there :)

Good you figured it out :)

Please find the solution below:

Let the amount of the 25% Juice be x

Therefore the amount of the 10% Juice would be 15-x

0.25x + 0.1(15-x) = 15 x 0.24

0.25x + 1.5 – 0.1x = 3.6

0.15x = 3.6 – 1.5

0.15x = 2.1

Multiply both sides by 100

15x = 210

x = 210/15

x = 14

Therefore: 14 liters of the 25% orange juice should be in the mixture

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear please rate my services

All the best

How many at 10%
Also how many questions I am allowed to ask?
Hello

Hello, sorry I was working on another assignment. Ok first here is the solution to the second part

Since x = 14, therefore 15-x = 1

Therefore: 1 liters of the 10% orange juice should be in the mixture

As for the number of questions you are allowed to ask: When you make a post, you need to list all the problems you need help with so that experts decide if the amount offered is fair or not and accordingly decide on whether to answer the question or request an increase in the amount offered.

I am helping another student now so it would be hard to answer your other questions. When is your deadline please?

Tomorrow but I'm going to add the rest of the question

ok, please post all questions you need help with so that I can confirm I can help

Thank you

These are the questions

Ok, since I am helping another student I will opt out from this post in case someone can provide help sooner. After I am done, if no one has helped, I will work on the problems

Ok can you forwarded these to somebody else

Yes, once I opt out, they are automatically open to other experts. (Hopefully no one else picks it :) but I want to be fair to you

Ok no problem
Are we good to continue today with the remainder of my questions
Hello
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. Do you still need help with these problems?

Thanks,

Ryan

Do you need fully worked solutions, or just the final answers?

Final answers

Ok, I'll get started on these right away and will have the solutions posted for you shortly.

If you later change your mind and would like to see how any of these problems are worked out, please let me know.

Ok

Hi again,

Here is a link to the solutions:

AlgebraProblems

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing that file, and please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer