Pre-Calculus

Have pre-calculus questions? Ask a pre-calculus tutor

The Sky Hospital Consortium consists of 40 hospitals in

Customer Question
various parts of the US...
The Sky Hospital Consortium consists of 40 hospitals in various parts of the US. After being discharged, patients are given a survey to determine if they are satisfied with the overall service. In most cases patients are satisfied. However, some are dissatisfied. In addition, out of those who responded as being dissatisfied, some filed a formal complaint. In the Excel file, Hospitals, linked at the bottom of the page, are the results for the patients during a specific year. The Sky Hospital Consortium is divided into the West, Central, and East Regions.
The Sky Hospital Consortium wants to evaluate the performance of the hospitals. The Consortium wants to know which hospitals have the fewest complaints. You are to assist in the data analysis by using your knowledge of probability and conditional probability to help with the ranking of the hospitals, as well as each Region.
Managerial Report
Prepare a report (see below) with your ranking of the hospitals based on the probabilities and conditional probabilities, as well as the analysis of each region. Include the following seven (7) items in table format to support your ranking. Be sure to use five (5) decimal places for your probabilities in the table, as some of them might be quite small.
The probability of a patient responding “Dissatisfied” in each of the three different regions.
The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint in each of the three different regions.
The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint given a patient response of “Dissatisfied” in each of the three different regions.
The probability of a patient responding “Dissatisfied” for each hospital.
The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint for each hospital.
The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint given a patient response of “Dissatisfied” for each hospital.
Rank the hospitals within each region for each of the probabilities in 4 - 6. In other words, only rank the hospitals in the West region against the other hospitals in the West region. Perform the same analysis for the other two regions. Then, within each region, find the sum of the ranks and get an overall ranking for each hospital. Evaluate and discuss the meaning of your results. Use tables, charts, graphs, or visual dashboards to support your findings.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pre-Calculus
1/24/2016
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this project.

Do you have a data set that goes along with this?

Thanks,

Ryan

I have attached it

Ok, thanks. I have it now.

Is there a specific deadline for completion?

11hours

Ok, I'll get started on it right away.

thank you

You're welcome.

Here are the solutions:

SkyHospital (Word)

And here is the Excel file with the calculations:

HospitalData (Excel)

This is a common assignment, and the data tends not to change much. As a result, the results and the commentary tends to be very similar from version to version. I strongly recommend that you rephrase the narrative parts into your own words and voice.

Thanks,

Ryan