Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid with 50K on the clock.

Customer Question
Drove it about 260 miles...
Have a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid with 50K on the clock. Drove it about 260 miles yesterday with no problems My wife took it to work today (7miles) and when she started the car after work she got a brief hybrid failure (temp outside was over 90 and 105 degrees in car) Check engine light then came on It is a steady light not blinking Checked gas cap and tightend.I added a quart of Mobil 1 at a rest stop (yesterday) because a warning came on that I was at minimum oil levelany idea what may be the problem?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Porsche
5/30/2018
Porsche Mechanic: Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

At this point a scan test is needed to narrow down the check engine light .

was a scan test performed?

thanks

Not yet. Any ideas as to what may be wrong

maybe hybrid system temp, a sensor in the engine . it's hard to say because too many variables . that is why the scan test is needed to narrow down to one or couple of possibilities.

on these hybrids there is no one common issue from the Porsche, Audi and VW 3.0l.

believe me I want to help but too many directions to go with this.

if you can get the fault codes i can assist in which way to go with this!!