Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Porsche Cayenne s 2014 gps was working normal, since two…

Customer Question
Hi my Porsche Cayenne...

Hi my Porsche Cayenne s 2014 gps was working normal, since two days a go the gps is not working , giving massage map is loading , the navigation screen is black , in the same time aux connection is not working , it’s not showing in the menu , only aux Bluetooth is showing??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be trying my self , maybe checking the aux cable and the gps cable , but I don’t know where to look ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more , thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 day by:
5/29/2018
Porsche Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Sure I need a answer !!!
If you are not able to answer my question , I demand a refund immediately
Porsche Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic

I'll put you in for a refund, but I wanted to tell you if you basically aren't getting most of the functions of the nav unit to function, then the unit is faulty. There's one or two power supplies, it's notified via the CAN Bus (controller area network) when the vehicle is on, there's no extra fuses that run half the system or anything. I apologize to you that I didn't see this question first, I'm not sure why the site suddenly pops up questions that are days old, I apologize and then you're going to hate my answer.

Don't give me a negative rating please, it only effects ME, I haven't received any of your money I don't even make an hourly wage I only get paid if you hit accept so there's no point shooting the messenger I'm trying to help you and I don't even expect to get paid ok.

Bad service. I am asking for refund . Thanks