Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 cayenne. A alert “wheel change?make new

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 cayenne. A alert “wheel change?make new selection came on. I can’t get it to turn off. All pressures good in Tires

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

The alert goes on both cold and warm. Constantly oN . We see the + - signals

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have checked tires. No air leaks. Alarm will not shut off over 2 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Non

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Porsche
3/27/2018
Porsche Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic replied 24 days ago
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic
If you rotated the tires then you have to read out the system to let the vehicle know that the wheels have been moved into a new position.A scan tool needs to be used to read the pressures and see whether or not they're reading properly, because the batteries in the tire pressure monitors might be faulty.The thing about the tire pressure monitoring system in this vehicle is that if any one of the tires drops below this pressure the sticker says that they should be at it will set the light, also if any of the tires are more than three PSI in difference or if there's a drop of more than 5 PSI in a certain amount of time.My tire pressure gauge was $150 because the inexpensive gauges read incorrectly and if you sent the tires at 32 they're often at like 30, however they're often repeatable measurement between different measurements so what you should do is set the pressure is about 3 or 4 PSI higher then what it's calling for on the sticker.Then you need to manually reset the tire pressure monitoring system by going into the display menu and selecting tire pressures and then settings, then select the wheel and tire size your vehicle has and then go drive the vehicle for 20 or 30 min. The Volkswagen Touareg, Cayenne, and Audi Q7 have notoriously difficult to set TPMS systems.If this doesn't work, you'll need a scan tool capable of TPMS diagnosis to see if you can read all 4 pressure sensors. If you can't then you need to replace the tire pressure sensors in the vehicle and I would just replace them all because the battery is will fall in sucession.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only time I get paid.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi, I had all the tire sensors checked and they are all reading. I will try again to reset the tire pressure. Is there a way to disable the noise for periods of time?
Porsche Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic replied 22 days ago
No there isn't a way to disable it, not without a scan tool at least. Some scan tools may be able to recode the instrument panel to stop it but generally not. Attempt to raise the pressure as I described it.
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic