Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 987 Boxster. Left over weekend and didn’t start.

2007 987 Boxster....

2007 987 Boxster. Left over long weekend and didn’t start. Charged the battery, took the battery (it’s less than a year old) to see if it was holding a charge. They said it was in good shape. Put the battery back and try to start and I get beeps and warnings for ABM PSM and it tells me to depress the clutch...I am......Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

None

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of anything

3/26/2018
PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Independent Porsche shop owner

So right now, all of the electronics are powering up fine, and battery is fully charged, and you're continuing to see the "depress clutch to start" message. This is pointing towards a faulty clutch interlock switch. This is a type of microswitch that is affixed to the pedal cluster under the dash. It's not terribly difficult to replace once you remove the under dash panel and the part retails for $40.

Please let me know if I can offer further information.

Also, let me refer you to a good writeup on replacement. This is on a 997, but under dash, it's identical to your car

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/787419-clutch-interlock-switch-replacement.html

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Also getting ABM and PMS Failure lights too

Those will always come up once a battery is disconnected and then reconnected. Once you get the clutch switch sorted, and drive the car for a few hundred yards, those lights will go off as well.

PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc