Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

997 - 2007 When i go to start it, the lights flash, windows…

997 - 2007 When...

997 - 2007 When i go to start it, the lights flash, windows start and stop dropping, the wipers move intermittently but the car does not start. Lights and radio work, hood ppens.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Well yes, the wipers are moving intermittently. there is clicking too. Seems like a dead battery but i have charged it overnight

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Porsche?

C4S 911, cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 911 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it - the owner said the battery was not trickle charged so it needed a boost to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more i can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

That battery is weak and i would replace , battery weak, it will not have enough to start it ,but enough to turn wiper and hear clicking , there are the system relays clicking for not enough power and low batteyr will trigger our anti theft ,take battery out ,run it to local parts store ,let them check it under load ,if weak replace it ,these cars needs correct battery and correct cranking amp one,so buy the one for it not a cheap one,will give you electrical problems other wise,especially if the owner told you it needs a boost .

now if the battery was not the issue and overnight the one or more car modules are draining battery then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat