Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tried to test a car heater bought at Walmart in my porsche…

Customer Question
Tried to test a car...
Tried to test a car heater bought at Walmart in my porsche boxster 2001, in an attempt to dry the carpet behind the passenger seat (rain water) and it blew a fuse, now the radio does not play, the phone does not charge and the car lock button on the dashboard does not function anymore.
how can i find and replace the faulty fuse? (I have a voltmeter)
can i order it online ? if so can u plz send the piece #?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Porsche
3/8/2018
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

You will need to inspect all fuses to see if you can locate a fuse that is blown needing replaced.You will have to check all fuse panels for this blown fuse.If this is or was already done and no fuses are found to be blown at all let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks for replying.
My fuse box seems to have a printed diagram for all the fuses. If i take a pic and a pic of the actual fuse box can u help me locate the blown fuse? Instead of removing all the fuses one by one.
This is my first time doing this...

I apologize for the delay.

You can try doing this.If you can upload the pictures here this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete