Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a few codes that popped up. There is no noise. 2012…

I have a few...

I have a few codes that popped up

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

There is no noise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

2012 Panamera4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just scanned it that's it and yes I would like to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

3/7/2018
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic
Can you please give me the fault code numbers that you retrieve for the memory of your vehicle I do not need or want the explanations or suggestions that the scans will gave you for what the full codes mean because they're generic and it doesn't matter if it's a Porsche or a Honda it still tells you the same suggested components that may have failed and it's always wrong. Once I have the fault code numbers I can begin to help you diagnose your vehicle.
P 1583
P 0700
C456
C418
Are you still available to give me any clues to what the answer/s maybe to the codes I sent.
Thanks in advance.
Hello
I'm here, gimme a few minutes to look these up.
All these fault codes are indicating that you have an internal transmission problem, C418 is stating that the brake switch isn't being sent over the can bus communication bus to the trans computer, p1583 is staying at one of the shifts solenoids is malfunctioning, the consensus is basically you can take a wild shot at replacing the solenoids but that more than likely the transmission is failing.Unless you have a scan tool such as durametric which is able to go into the trans computer and look at readings of all the solenoids and sensors you probably not going to want to try to fix this yourself.
Ok cool thanks.
I’ve been doing some research and read that it could be just some sensors,
Red lashing of the TCM
Transmission servicing
To costly replacing the transmission.
I’m sorry
Flashing the TCM
Also possibly replacing the TCM along with Replacing the Throttle Body
Does like that could be a fix
It’s at the Porsche dealer now and they said they won’t be able to diagnose the problem until Monday due to the lack of Technicians they have on hand.
I’m just afraid of what can possibly be a costly outcome of replacing the transmission, of that is what they could recommend.
I’m just confused because the car never gave me any idea that I was going or starting to have a transmission problem or any problem.
Sorry). Valve body
Not throttle body.
Are the shift solenoids part of the Valve body?
Shift solenoids are part of the valve body and oftentimes with German vehicles you cannot get them separately especially at the dealer, German vehicle transmission control module logic is so intelligent that you almost never get any advance warning of transmission failure on them they go from seemingly being fine to failing, to they're able to module 8 line pressure and shift points so well that they can cover up any issues.
Ok thanks for the reply. The technician at the dealer has it in the shop now as of 12:30 eastern time. It’s been almost 4 hours and no phone call back yet.
Im hoping it’s just the shift solenoids is the most that I may have to worry about.
I should be hearing something back very soon. I’ll be sure to let you know what they say. Thanks in advance.
Ok. I would like to thank you for your advice and answers to my question.
The dealer just contacted me and stated that the transmission needs to be replaced. Something went wrong with the gears inside the trans. It is not the solenoids. So I am SOL.
The dealer will contact corporate to see if they could help me out because I am just out of warranty and this is not a rare occurrence. So hopefully corporate can help me out.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck but glad to hear that I was correct.Please do remember to hit accept next to my name otherwise I don't get paid anything for helping we are not hourly employees we only get paid if a customer hits accept otherwise I can answer 100 questions in a month and get paid nothing.Out of curiosity are you the original owner of the vehicle? Did you happen to have the vehicle in for any transmission related concerns previously when you were still in warranty?I'd like to assist you in getting this warrantied if possible.
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Auto Mechanic
No. I haven’t had any transmission work done to the vehicle while it was in my possession. I had to put it in the dealer for a check engine light back in early January for a dirty Throttle Body. There was a code I pulled before it went in the dealer back then for a transmission update. The dealer said it was up to date and if thing was wrong with the car it will definitely notify me.
The cost to replace my trans at the dealer was an outrageous price of $15-20,000. Yes $20,000 the service advisor explain to me.
I thank you a lot and I’ll be sure to rate you very well.
No. I am not the original owner.
I purchased this car December 16, 2017 66,000 miles.
The car came with an extended aftermarket warranty that was 3 months or 3,000 miles whichever comes first. Currently I have 72,000 miles. I’ve put 6,000 miles on the car in that time frame. We’ve been out of town a few times.
We are the second owners of the car. The original owners was a Corporate company. It was used as a company car. No accidents. Not to a paint shop to be repaired for small dings or dents. Body lines were perfect.
I see you were in the Army. So was I. 1996-2003.
Thanks for you help and your service.