Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 panamera 4s, I keep getting pasm suspension…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 panamera 4s, I keep getting pasm suspension failure, fault all wheel drive and start/stop mode deactivated. This has been gong on for quite a while and the dealer cannot seem to find a fix. Latest thing they did was replace the electronic brake light switch. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

That has not been addressed. I purchased the car with about 22,000 miles, the car supposedly had its 30,000 miles check up before going out with the Porsche Certified Warranty, this has been going on since 2013 about a year after I got the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Panamera 4S yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing it myself, that would be a bigger mistake then any other I've made in the past!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The first time that the Fault All Wheel Drive not available came on I had turn the wheel tight to the right getting out of a parking lot, shortly after that the Fault came up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Porsche
1/14/2018
Porsche Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

These warnings are being displayed because a failure is being seen that will prevent operation of these systems and at least one fault code is setting. There are many possible causes for this and it will require some testing at the time the warnings are on to determine exactly what is wrong.

Do you know what fault codes are currently setting?

Here are the codes that have been listed on the working log.
Gateway (A2) 000603 Load switch off (eEm)
DME V8 Naturally Aspirated Engine ULEV P0421, Active Status, converter was replaced
Instrumnet Cluster C11000 Supply Voltage
Air Conditioner C1201 No communication with PCM/CDR
Level Control A2.2 000314 Supply voltage too low
PSM (A2.4) Sport Mode Fault Center-Diff Lock Faulty
PSM (A2.4) Sport Mode Fault
PSM (A2.4) Brake Light Switch, Signal Implausible
PSM (A2.4) Fault in PASM control unit
PSM (A2.4) Control Unit Fault, center diff lock
Front End Electronics, G1 Max VR12 C1208 Check PASM control unit fault memory content
Front End Electronics, G1 Max VR12 880808 Power Supply Kessy
Rear End Electronics G1 VR12 C11000 Supply Voltage below limit value
Headlights(Left/central headlight) C1208 Check PASM Control Unit fault memory content, active status
Read door(right rear door) 0843 Central locking closing unit, implausible signal(implausible signal)
Rear Lid 00000B Function Restriction, supply voltage, below limit value
Headlights(right headlight) C1208, Check PASM control unit fault memory content, active status
I have read that this could be problem with the engine controller computer. Any validity to that idea?

Can you clear the codes and allow the problem to happen, read them again, and supply the P, U, B and C code numbers that are displayed?

I do not know how to access those codes. The information that I gave you was from a work sheet the dealer, Bergstrom Porsche in Appleton, WI gave me. Can I ask the dealer for these codes from when the vehicle was worked on in the past?

Are you hoping to diagnose the problem yourself?

No, I have no interest or the ability to diagnose the problem myself. I want the car fixed so that I can trade it in and get the maximum trade in value and so teh next owner doesn't have to deal with the problems that I have.

What kind of help were you seeking?

I am looking for a diagnosis to the problem so that I can rely your answer to my dealer to check in to and fix my car
Porsche Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

It wouldn't be possible for anyone to tell you exactly what is wrong with the vehicle without testing in person. Your dealer or another shop is who will need to perform actual diagnostics on the vehicle if you aren't able to do so yourself.

Great answer! Thanks for reassuring my distrust in internet based business! At any time during our interaction did you think that you would be able to help me?

I can help as necessary but I'm unable to tell you exactly what is wrong with the vehicle.