Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power steering fault. It’s an electronic issue. 2013. 911…

Customer Question
Power steering fault. Mechanic's...

Power steering fault.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

It’s an electronic issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

2013. 911 2S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 911 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think it’s a low battery issue. Some other faults were fixed today by charging the battery. This one still persists

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Porsche
1/9/2018
Porsche Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question about this?

I heard that if I turn the wheel lock to lock that it might clear the fault.
Any truth to this?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

yes that can, although it is not guaranteed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

I’m going to try it now.

okay, please do not forget to click on a positive rating.