Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

2006 cayenne Key goes in ignition Starter does not operate…

2006 cayenne Key goes in ignition Starter...
2006 cayenne
Key goes in ignition
Starter does not operate
No faults displayed
I replaced starter relay and charged battery although battery seem fine , car stared six times the day I replaced relay next day today would not start
FYI inspected cables under carpet all looked fine
1/2/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

did you try to jump start the vehicle to see if any difference.

when you install the key do you hear the steering column lock unlock and any message on the dash?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried jumping did not resolve issue
No messages on screen
Press brake gear selector lock can then move
And can move sterling wheel

can you take a pic of the instrument cluster with the key in the on position please so i can see what all lights are on please

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

do sure how to send the photo to u

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Can I send pic to email address

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

seat belt

cruise

seat belt

engine check light

A with circle around it

ON

i do need you to access the engine fuse/relay box near the drivers side wiper!!

this will take a bit to get the cover off

need to see if it is inside the vehicle is the issue or the starter / wiring to the starter is the issue .

we will need to bypass the starter relay so a jumper wire/paper clip to do this!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

were are we going to by pass

ref location ?

The photo I sent ,is that fuse box you wantWhat do you need me to do ?

that is not the fuse box !!

the fuse / relay box is locate under the hood near the drivers wiper arm

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
What do you need me to check
Or do you need a picture of the fuse box

getting that pic for you what to check!!

hang on!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Engine does not crank
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Check red wire on start ?
Got to get truck inside might take a day or Tero to get it moved , what would be the next two steps

if you have voltage there then you need to verify that the relay clicks at the box which you can do now before lifting the intake off. the best way is to check if you have voltage at the 30 terminal at the relay. do that first

if you have voltage there i have to say you may need a starter and while you are there replace the coolant manifold too at the same time they tend to fail !!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Replaced battteryvehicle started last night and this morning
Original battery test ok and never went flat four years old
Do you think that’s the end of my starting problems ?

It's possible on the battery may resolve your issue . saying its 4yrs old that is usually the life expectancy for cayenne's and touraegs.

Martin just keep an eye on it and see if you still have an issue with it . If it acts up you can request me to continue on your issue

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All good thanks for your advise all good

My pleasure!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician