Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 1988 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 G50. Purchased with

Have a 1988 Porsche 911...
Have a 1988 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 G50. Purchased with 27000 August of last year. Had not run in over fifteen years. It was stored in a doctors heated garage. Mechanic changed all fluids, but did not pull the fuel tank. He changed the fuel pump and lines that they could get to.Whenever it get to running temp sometimes will sputter like it's a fuel shortage. Have changed the fuel filter 4 times in the last year and it is getting better, but still have issues. Never hiccups when running cold, only after warms up. Has never totally died. One time took a two hour drive and it never happened, but usually it "sputters" off & on while driving. Now have 29,000 miles.Porsche mechanic says to just keep changing fuel filter and it will work it's self out.Agree with assessment or any other suggestions.
1/1/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Do you have to say that is a nice car, with that low mileage wow.

I hate to tell you what you already know, but i will agree with mechanic and keep replacing fuel filter it will clear up

I had a customer similar situation ,after 5 fuel filter and 1000 miles it cleared up

another suggestion is after few fuel filter change ,replace that fuel pump again and pull that tank out and make sure no rust or trash on bottom of it will be another suggestion if it keeps doing it after fuel filter change

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

https://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/f8e7252451c946f2891c589acae30464