Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driving my friend s Cayenne and can’t release emergency

Customer Question
Driving my friend s...

Driving my friend s Cayenne and can’t release emergency brake! Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

Emergency brake is stuck down

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cayenne?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am driving , applied brake and now it won’t release

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Porsche
12/19/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

This is a problem with the Cayennes.

Pull the parking brake release while you either use your other hand or your foot to pull up on the parking brake pedal. It will take a couple of tries but will release.

Let your friend know about this and that it is a known issue with the Cayenne. It is due to sticking cylinder on the parking brake assembly and runs around $250 to repair it.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.