Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm getting an intermittent "beep" from my '13 Boxster every…

Customer Question
I'm getting an intermittent...

I'm getting an intermittent "beep" from my '13 Boxster every 15 minutes or so when the vehicle is at rest (parked and engine off). There are no warning lights on the dash that indicate anything is amiss and the vehicle runs fine and everything works as designed. Any idea what might be causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Haven't checked the fuses but all dashboard lights are working fine. I vacuumed out the interior a few weeks ago and had to move the seats to their travel limits and noticed the beep shortly after that. Could it be a sign of a loose electrical connector in the seat belt or air bag interface? Would a diagnostics module be able to isolate where the beep is coming from?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to avoid taking it to a dealer when it might be just a loose connector in order to save the expense. I've tried to make sure all of the under-seat connectors are tight.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 day by:
12/12/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure all doors and the hood are closed.I know on some models a beep can occur when a door is left open or ajar as well as the engine hood.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete