Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It idle high in the morning when I start up. And after about…

Customer Question
It idle high in...

It idle high in the morning when I start up. And after about 2 mintues. I goes back to normal

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

125,000. 4.8l

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

2008 Cayenne S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. I haven't done any repair

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I got a code PO455. But the idling problems has been happening for awhile. This code just came up in the last week ALso, I got a code P2181

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Porsche
12/9/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

You might find if you change the evap purge solenoid for the P0455, the idle issue will be improved.

They do run faster than normal hot idle when cold, all cars do.

Gary

Is that something somewhat easy to do?

Easy enough to do.

You to replace the solenoid, preferably with a genuine part.

Gary

Hello?
No live phone call

I'll opt out, so a US tech can speak with you.

Gary

Porsche Mechanic: Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a Vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

Thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician