Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not start. When key is turned to 'start' position,

Customer Question
It will not start...

It will not start. When key is turned to 'start' position, no power goes to the starter. It has good power from the battery... jumped from another battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It does not seem to fluctuate. The instrument lights are constant and bright. The side windows won't roll up, but that may be a different problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

1997 Boxster.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am attempting to fix it myself. Cannot get it to a mechanic as it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have applied a charger to the battery overnight. Seems to have a draw, but charger 's amp-meter never got below 5 amps. I jumpedto

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Porsche
The 1997 Porsche Boxster started fine with a jumped battery at the auction three days ago, but now refuses to apply power to the starter. I suspect the battery, but continues to not get power to the starter, even when jumped with a good battery. Could it be the button cell in the key? Is it the computer?
12/9/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.Can you check the E1 fuse at the drivers foot well? This is for the alarm module and is common to blow and cause those exact.Let me know.

Hey there, checking back to see if you got a chance to look at this?