Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just got a 2015 911 turbos porsche with very very low

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a 2015 911 turbos porsche with very very low miles... is there a way to turn down or off the sport cronos exhaust noise as it seen to permeant the cabin and makes for a defining ride at almost any speed?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

900 miles not sure on milage yet i got it with 800 mile seems to vary from 12mpg to 14.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 911 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No wold have no idea if this normal and or if there is a seeting to turn off the extra exhast noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do not think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Porsche
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/28/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this.

First off, congratulations on the new Porsche, the 911 is my favorite car on the market, they are just designed/built so well, a true driver's car :)

Unfortunately the exhaust noise you are hearing is there to stay, as these do not have a restrictor to monitor exhaust output. That is something you could have installed if you take it to a custom exhaust shop. You can also have sound deadener installed inside the vehicle to dampen out some of the noise, I have personally done this on most of my vehicles that had a sport's exhaust because over time the noise does get to be a bit much. Most car audio shops give good packages for sound dampening, and on a 911 the surface to cover is not too much so the price for it would not be too high.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!