Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the phone module on the 955 as I need to loop out…

Customer Question
Where is the phone...

Where is the phone module on the 955 as I need to loop out the MOST?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Porsche. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Hello

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Where is the phone module on a 955

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Porsche
11/27/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the year of the vehicle, please?

2006
Todd
I am looking to Loop out the Phone MOST and am looking for the phone module.
Many thanks
I did ask Porsche and they put me onto a stereo expert who was amused but not to impressed as I was also not impressed.
The car is a 4.5 turbo if that helps
Cheers
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-
The control unit is located under the passenger seat , i think you can access it without removing the seat !
Left or right front seat I am in Australia and the driver is on the right.
Next to battery under left or near the sat nav under the right?
Many thanks
Ian
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Oh sorry ! Then it will be on the opposite side of where the battery is !
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
On the driver side !
I had a look under the right had seat moving forward all the way how ever was not sure which unit is phone There are a couple and non of the connections I could see were large multi pin connectors not the fibre two line units I expected.
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
For the phone module there must be a fiber optic line cause it’s the most system , I’m trying to upload a picture of the module and it’s not working
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Give me a sec
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Can’t upload the damn photo , of you go and take a further look under the seat you will see what’s written on the module , it will be written Motorola per example and you will know wich is Wich , but what are you trying to do exactly? The sound turn off on the radio ?
installed a blue tooth phone system and need to loop out the old phone unit as is causes errors
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
It is under the seat as I said , i drive the exact same car and this system is pretty tricky sometimes !
I have tried but think I need to take the front cover off under the seat - do not know how to do this with out breaking the connectors.
how do I remove the front cover from the front of the base of the right hand front seat.
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Remove the two front bolt of the seat and you will be able to lift the seat towards the back of the véhicule , then you will have access.
Hello I can not access the MOST connector or even see it any Idea the best way to go about accessing it?
Thanks
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Did you lift the seat ? Or can you see any module down there ?
I lifted the seat and there are two modules on the left (looking from back seat forward) one on top of the other and the GPS module on the right.
I disconnected the connectors on both modules to see if I could sea anything however these do not have the MOST input/output in either and I could not see any more so reconnected them.I did not see any labels as covered by mounting brackets
I have looked closely at both the units under the drivers seat and non appear tone the phone module.
I really need this sorted as it is now taking up a lot of my time and effort section by section disassembling and reassembling parts of the car to gain access.
Your assistance is most appreciated and the fact that you own one makes it even better however I am struggling to see where I am having any kind of win.Many thanks
On may be the phone module however I can not find the Fibre connection. I need to find this to loop it and close out the continuous error currently existing
Thanks fir your help so far do you have any ideas?Many thanks
Ian
Porsche Mechanic: JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267-,
 replied 7 months ago
Let me check something and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can !