Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Having trouble with my 2008 Porsche Boxster S, none of the…

Customer Question
Having trouble with my 2008...
Having trouble with my 2008 Porsche Boxster S, none of the interior lights come on, regardless of switch position on the dome light and ignition key. Lights affected are dome light, two footwell lights, glovebox light, trunk light, lights in doors and front trunk work. Scanning showed DTC8040 terminal 30G...which should be powered by the power supply control unit. How do I get my lights back on?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Porsche
11/27/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics and testing procedures for you

8U730830 are the last 8 of my VIN

sorry, I will have to opt out as I dont have the schematics

Porsche Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now.

Porsche Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

have you checked all fuses?

interior lights are not on a fuse circuit
there is connection to the switch on the dome light, I can actuate terminal 30G with the dome switch and see it on data flow on the scanner, but lights do not come on, the bulbs and fuses are all ok
my scanner shows DTC8040 terminal 30G
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez