Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It wont start, was running sluggish. I have changed the Fuel…

Customer Question
It wont start, was...

It wont start, was running sluggish. I have changed the Fuel Filter, Pressure Regulator and the Fuel Pumps. Still wont start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Inside the tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

2006/Cayenne S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Porsche
11/9/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 9 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

It acts like it will start and doesn’t, and no I haven’t checked any codes

So is the starter turning the engine over?

it has a new starter also, it starts and then seems like it chokes itself out and dies

So the engine starts and stalls?

Have you checked the fuel pressure? Just because the fuel pump is new does not mean the engine has the correct fuel pressure.

Will the engine remain running on starting fluid?

I️ haven’t tried to keep it running with started fluid but it doesn’t seem like it would
I’m wondering if there is a sensor or fuse that could cause this?
It would run but it was running rough, then I️ changed the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter, then it would even run anymore, just crank and die, so then I️ changed the fuel pumps and it’s still doing the same thing
Wouldn’t even run anymore

Sorry for the delay! Are you able to send me the VIN?

YES, there is likely a faulty sensor or component causing this condition.

stand by

ok

WP1AB29P06LA70355

Good mroning and thank you for the VIN!

These are a few components/sensors that can cause this condition. The most likely possible causes are..

• Mass air flow sensor
  • Throttle body assembly
  • Engine speed sensor
  • Tune up components

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>