Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

The back door is stuck-it won't close all te way or open all

Customer Question
The back door is stuck-it...
The back door is stuck-it won't close all te way or open all the way so it just beeps non stop
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: Way more importantly it runs chuggy when in low gears 2004
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: It's burning a lot of oil - i put two quarts in about two weeks ago and it's telling me I am low again It's got 160k I think I don't see anything leaking onto the ground/ concrete
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am totally not a mechanic- I have just been trying to figure out what 's wrong before I take it in because mechanics generally tend to railroad me on charges
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I don't know if it makes a difference that it was running perfectly fine and the chugging started on very suddenly - I suspected that at the time a neighbor might have been messing with the car (ie sugar in the gas tank or something) but I did the fuel system clean out stuff and that didn't help
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Porsche
11/8/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
hey There, thanks for the question.
The Porsche Cayenne burns quite a bit of oi, normal consumption is a quart every 2500 miles.How many miles did you drive in that two weeks?
On the back door are referring to the rear hatch? Or a back passenger door? If the hatch is it an automatic open/close rear hatch?
Jake
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician