Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

PorscheDoc! can i ask a question?. I have an issue. I trade

Customer Question
Hi PorscheDoc! can i ask...
Hi PorscheDoc! can i ask a question?
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: HI Pearl! My name is***** have an issue. I trade with genuine xenon parts in Hungary. A porsche Cayenne 957 (year 2007) came, the xenon ballast os left side of xenon headlamp went down. I replaced it with a type "5DC 009 060-41 AB" instead of "5DC 009 285-00" type. After that the navigation and the windshild wiper freezed. How is it possible to reset this problem? Can I reset only with genuine Porsche diagnostic software? What does it cost? Thank you for your answer.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Porsche Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: sure, i would pay 5$ deposite.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: What year is your Cayenne?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's not my Cayenne, on of my clients'
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 2 days by:
11/10/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Shawn,
I'm sorry, but this is not an answer for 40$. Do you have any suggestion or not?
Regards.
Endre
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Shawn,
5 hours left, I'm still waiting for your answer. If you can not give me any advice, send me back my money please. Thanks
Regards.
Endre
Porsche Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

Hey Endre

Try this and let me know ,if that does not work you will need a Porsche capable scanner

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and start it

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
THanks for your answer.
Sorry for my late answer. I had no time to test the vehicle.
Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few