Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Porsche 911 Carrera s Cabrolet 2013 do I need to…

I have a Porsche...

I have a Porsche 911 Carrera s Cabrolet 2013 do I need to have the drive axles greased at 20,000 miles, and if so what should it cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Porsche Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

And what should it cost for the service at a dealership?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Porsche Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Just a simple answer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 911 Carrera yourself? What have you tried so far?

No all i am wondering if it needs to be serviced at 20000 miles

11/3/2017
internal88
internal88, Technician

Hello, I'm Brandon.

At 20,000 miles it does not need to be greased at the drive axles. However the tech will need to inspect the drive train and axle.

If it is needed what should it cost?

At 20k miles, the cabin air filter and oil need to be changed. The tech will go over the chassis and other engine component by visual inspection.

It does not need to be grease. However if the grease is leaking or lacking then it axle need to be replaced. It will cost you about $700 per side.

Let me know if you need further help.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

internal88
internal88, Technician