Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 porche caynee 8 cl. the coupler of the collant…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 porche caynee 8 cl. the coupler of the collant distributor glue is loose, very expensive to get it replaced, and I think this is a designing problem, but they don't issue a call back, the dealer ask about $3200 to replace it, how can I do it, thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

About 53000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Caynne V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

When driving, the coolant stop working, drag to the local repair shop. they say the glue of the coupler is loose, they put glue on, but tell me this is only temperily work, tell me to take to dealer. now I take it to dealer, they say will take of the engine to replace which cost more than $3200 most labor almost coast $2200

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oh, the dealer also say the vacuum pump is leaking, but I asked more details, they havn' reply me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Porsche
10/7/2017
Porsche Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 10 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

I don't understand what you mean by " the coolant stop working". Are you talking about the engine coolant, and does it leak out? Does the car overheat?

You do have a Porsche, it's not going to be cheap to fix. And $2200 in labor is a lot of hours, do you expect to be able to do this job yourself if given instructions?

you didnt' give me any response on how to handle this matter, if you are an export of the Porche, you should know what I mean. obviously, you didn't give any help with this case.I'm declining the charges on my credit card. since you didn't give me an answer.

I asked for clarification on your question- if I'm not clear what part you are asking about, or the reason, I can't give you a good answer. Remember, I can't look at your car.

And you HAVE taken it to a physical expert at the dealership, who DID look at it, and told you how much it would cost. I don't expect this is a job a non-mechanic is going to be able to do with no experience.

Porsche Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Lou here, would you like instructions on how to replace the coolant pipes?

those are the most common coolant leak that we have with the Porsche V8's the coolant pipes that run down the center of the engine V .

Let me know i will do what I can to help,

Lou