Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Porsche cayenne s, air ride workshop light on dash.

Customer Question
2006 Porsche cayenne s...

2006 Porsche cayenne s, air ride workshop light on dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Fuses all check out its weird, the system will randomly level itself out but I have no control over it, the air ride level selector switch dosent even illuminate anymore and has no function neither does shoch dampening selector

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will be doing it myself, I got the compressor repair kit but have yet to put it in, I can hear the compressor working and like I said the car goes up and down on its own so I know it makes air and is sending the signal i just cant control i it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also NONE of my dome lights work, except the light over the rear cargo area all bulbs are good

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Porsche
9/29/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

most likely you have a failed compressor , but you need to have the failure codes read in order to know why the message is coming on the dash.

do you have access to a scan tool?

i ran them a while back and it said psm fault, and air ride faulty workshop. cant remember the codes, if the compressor failed, would it cause the selector switch to not illuminiate and function? also it still goes up on its own and i can hear the compressor kick on

if you still hear the compressor activation that does not mean its ok, there can be a low pressure issue, and yes it will lock out functions if there is an electrical or pressure issue, if you can get the codes that would be best.

Lou