Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

99 porsche boxer 5 spd it doesn't turn over all power there…

Customer Question
99 porsche boxer 5...

99 porsche boxer 5 spd it doesn't turn over all power there the alram with the keys doesn't open the door i have to take the interior fuse out at night before it kills the battery i think its the mobilizer

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the steering if someone push the car the keys look normal it work when push the alarm you can here beep

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Porsche?

Boxser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have bought new battery i thought it was the car battery but not also i have to jump start nothing working yes i want to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also the convertible top is stuck now want go up

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Porsche
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need a call from an expert please
I am getting charged but not getting an answer
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

when you insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it, does the switch turn nice and smooth with solid clicks or does the switch feel all loose and chunky?

also have to tested power at the starter when cranking? and or the clutch switch?