Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Central locking has locked me out of engine and hood, has…

Customer Question
Central locking has locked...

Central locking has locked me out of engine and hood, has power but wont start, dash lights up. FOB remote not working either it has new battery. am in SC closest dealership 100 + miles. Local repair facility stumped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Fuses good in drivers compartment, cant open hood to those fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your SC?

Have a 2001 carrera s non turbo all wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is in local shop that say the specialize in german cars.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Never been wet inside.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Porsche
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
9/20/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I have attached the directions for emergency release of the hood.

thanks for getting back to me. Have done that procedure but it does not seem to work. The shop here thinks there is an 80 amp fuse under the hood that popped and thus preventing the doner battery fix to work. So now we cant get under the hood to check that fuse. the car has power but the hood release is not working. All operations of car were in perfect order until this happened.
Is there another method for opening the hood?

HI,

No guarantee it will work, but the only other way without breaking front bumper at the latch area would be to remove the retainers for the front bumper at bottom and sides of the bumper, remove the under engine splash shield and have one person on either side of the bumper to gently flex it out while another tech tries to reach the latch from underneath and remove the bolts for the latch assembly so that the hood will release

did the doner battery procedure doesn't work, the shop thinks there is an 80 amp fuse under the hood that popped thus not completing the circuit. so car has power but cant pop hood. how do we get the hood open, keep in mind central locking has shut me out?

HI,