Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Second opinion] I need some guidance on the 2009 Porsche 911

Second opinion] Hello: I need some guidance on the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S on the Used Car Evaluation Report
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Porsche 911 Carrera. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: After the evaluation test, we are still seeing C150 and C152 The mechanic does not know how to address the above codes and asked me to contact the Porsche Dealer I want know if the above codes are serious issues and what would it cost to get this repaired.

Hey there, has this car ever been wrecked?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
An accident has been reported ( carfax) and the current owner confirms that on the right side passenger was effected .

Thanks, ***** ***** would be that an airbag was deployed during the collision and the repair was made without replacing the airbag module. Anytime an airbag is deployed the module needs to be replaced or it will have a hard code for the module.

Thats my best guess without actually seeing the car at this point.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Jake. That makes a valid point. How much will it cost (approx) to replace the airbag module? I want to take the risk of the price is reasonable. Appreciate your words of wisdom.

The part price is whats gonna get you here. Its around $900, but you can expect another $175 for an hour of labor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you again. The Seller is unwilling to negotiate on this code issue. How can I leverga or negotiate or shall I walk away?

Depends on the price really, if the deal is good enough with another $1000-$1300 on top of it and worth your troubles then it should be fine.

I think the best way to leverage this deal is by referring to safety concerns. People always get a little more understanding when start addressing things that may come back to haunt them.